Upon installation of your WEB-CAM camshaft, check the following. These operations are very important to engine life, please follow instructions! If your cam is described as a bolt-in in the WEB-CAM catalog, you may skip 1-5 below.
- Check piston to valve clearance. Provide the necessary clearance by removing material from the piston Minimum .050" intake, .080" exhaust.
- Check valve to valve clearance. It may be necessary to remove material from the valves or sink valve seat height in head.
- Check the valve spring retainer to valve guide clearance at maximum lift. Remove material from the top,of valve guides to provide a minimum of .030" clearance.
- Check for valve spring coil bind at maximum valve lift. Clearance at every coil should be at least .015"
- Be certain that cam and/or rocker arms rotate freely in head or block. Remove material from head,block, or rocker arms where necessary.
- Engine and cam life depend on proper installation. New or reground followers should be used when installing WEB-CAM profiles. Apply the provided assembly lube to cam lobe and follower surfaces.
- For proper break-in, after installation of a new camshaft, do not allow your engine to idle below 2000 RPM for the first 15 minutes of use.